What Type of Fire Was It?
What was burned in a fire plays a key role in determining what can be restored and what must be replaced. The professionals at SERVPRO of North Knoxville deal with many different fires on a regular basis.
- Electrical fire- Burning electrical wiring causes smoke damage and a distinct odor which will permeate all porous surfaces.
- Kitchen fire- A kitchen fire can result in heavy soot and heat damage in the kitchen with light soot throughout the house.
- Grease fire- This type of fire causes smoke damage with a greasy film evenly distributed throughout the surrounding area.
- Wood stove fire- This type of fire will have a distinctive odor and distribute smoke and soot throughout a structure.
- Kerosene heater fire- A fire of this type will result in smoke damage with an even appearance and a greasy film on metal surfaces.
- Furnace puffbacks- A malfunctioning furnace blows greasy soot throughout a structure, covering walls and furniture fairly evenly.
- Lightning fire- This type of fire is rare, but lightning strikes on a structure can cause electrical and smoke damage that ranges from very light to heavy.
- Cigarette fire- The most serious damage caused by this type of fire is to furniture. These fires cause heavy smoke damage as the result of burning stuffing and padding.
Soot and smoke damage can be extremely destructive no matter the type of fire. Let SERVPRO of North Knoxville handle your fire restoration emergencies quickly and correctly!