Tips for a safe Holiday
It is the holidays, so everyone wants to add fun warmth and sparkle to the wonderful season. It is very important to remember that some of our favorite holiday decorations carry a big risk of electrical or a fire if these aren’t used carefully.
Chestnuts are roasting on an open fire, but let’s sure hope your Christmas tree isn’t burning. Every year there are an estimated 200 homes that have had Christmas tree fires. Most of these fires are caused by electrical malfunctions as well as heating equipment.
- Always keep candles, heaters and fireplaces away from your tree.
- Did you know metal stands cause trees to dry out and become flammable? Always remember to check the water level daily or nightly.
- Inspect lights before plugging them in or putting them up.
- Never overload a circuit.
- Before leaving your house or going to bed make sure to turn off all of the lights.
Always remember that SERVPRO of North Knoxville is open 24/7/365! So if you are in a burning situation during the holidays, SERVPRO will be there to help!