Preparing for a storm
Strong gusts of wind? Dark, fast moving clouds? Downpour of rain? These are a few warning signs that a storm is headed in your direction.Here are a few helpful tips on what you can do to prepare for a storm:
- check the forecast- know what to expect
- watch for signs of approaching storm- clouds, wind, rain, etc.
- check on neighbors who require special assistance- ensure they are in a safe zone and ensure they are prepared
- have flashlights and batteries on hand
- have a battery operated radio
- have a first aide kit
- get manual can opener and canned foods
- stay away from windows and doors
There is no way to be 100% prepared for a storm but you can increase your chances for survival if you take a few preventative measures.
If you do suffer storm damage, call the professionals at SERVPRO of North Knoxville at 865.947.9992!