Tips to prevent water damage
Plants around your home? Gutters full of leaves? Downspouts unattached? High water bills? These are all signs of potential water damage.
- be careful where you plant trees and plants- some plants have invasive roots
- clean out roof gutters- debris causes build up of water with no place to go
- keep an eye on your water bill- extreme differences could show a leak
- us a drain snake instead of chemicals- chemicals can potentially eat through your pipes
- NEVER POUR GREASE DOWN YOUR SINK- even if the water is running, it can and will clog your drains
Damage from water is hard to prevent. With the knowledge discussed in this post, you may be able to lessen your chances of water damage or lessen the amount of damage caused by the water.
If you do suffer a water loss be sure to call SERVPRO of North Knoxville to mitigate the damage. Call us at 865.947.9992!