Prepare yourself for fire disasters
Tips from FEMA for preparing your family, home, and business from the threat of wildfires:
- Get an emergency supply kit, which includes items like non-perishable food, water, a battery- powered or hand- crank radio, extra flashlights, and batteries. You may want to prepare a portable kit and keep it in your car.
- Make a family emergency plan. Your family may not be together when disaster strikes, so it is important to know how you will contact one another, how you will get back together, and what you will do in case of an emergency.
- Protect your property from wildfires by designing and landscaping with wildfire safety in mind.
- Learn about the emergency service plans that have been established in your area by your state and local government. In any emergency, always listen to the instructions given by local emergency management officials.
- Ask SERVPRO of North Knoxville about starting a Disaster Recovery Plan for your business.